Are you worried about the shipping of your car? Or you are more concerned about recovering your stolen vehicle! Well, sometimes, we only want to make sure that our teenage lad hasn’t been venturing farther from home without our permission – and for that, a GPS tracker can be a lifesaver for your vehicle.
Nowadays, the Pakistani market offers a wide variety of tracking device types, so a wide range of installation methods are available. We’ll talk about the different kinds of GPS trackers in this article, along with installation instructions for Pakistani car owners. So, without further ado, let’s get into it:
What Kinds of GPS Tracking Devices Are There?
In Pakistan and throughout the world, most GPS trackers are intended for use with automobiles and larger vehicles, such as trailers or boats. They are frequently smaller than a cell phone and can yet be quite tiny.
Many don’t need big batteries to run because they are powered by the car. Nevertheless, they are mostly available in several varieties. Hardwired, battery-powered, and plug-in are the three main varieties that we will be discussing in this blog.
Plug-in GPS Trackers
Plug-in GPS trackers physically plug into an automotive connector. Plug-in trackers are small, easy to install, and have the ability to determine if a car is on or off. They can transition between an active and a sleep state as a result. Plug-in models can be used for business or personal purposes.
Hardwired GPS Trackers
This type of GPS car tracker is connected to the car directly. If a car doesn’t have an OBD II port, this can be done. Hardwired GPS trackers can also be made to look different. Since they are not attached to the OBD port, they can be placed anywhere beneath the dashboard. In Pakistan, company owners (especially in Karachi) frequently use hardwired GPS trackers to monitor their work trucks.
Battery-Powered GPS Trackers
Battery-powered GPS trackers function separately from a car’s electrical system. They come with a long-lasting battery of their own and don’t require installation. Like any other tracking gadget, they let monitors know where they are. To conserve battery life, they usually report every 15 minutes when moving and once every 4 hours when stationary.
Installing Car Trackers: A Step-by-Step Guide for Pakistani Car Owners
There are often two options available to you when it comes to GPS installation in your car as previously discussed: hardwired and plug-in types.
Wiring is not necessary for plug-in vehicle trackers because they connect straight to an OBD-II port. Conversely, hardwired GPS trackers need a cable to be connected to the car. Regardless of the option you select for your car, you’ll want to know how to install it correctly.
Installing GPS Trackers Hardwired
Here’s a three-step installation process for a hardwired GPS car tracker for Pakistani car owners:
- Find a spot for installation: Your device will be fitted in the car once you and your mechanic have decided on a spot that is accessible yet still hidden from the driver and would-be thieves. The gadget can be quickly and easily mounted, and 3M VHB tape or zip tie straps are usually used to attach it.
- Attach the GPS to a power supply: Three wires of different colors are included with the gadget; these must be connected in the proper order. Attach a grounding point to the black wire first. Next, attach the red wire to the 12-volt power source in your car. Lastly, attach the white wire to your car’s 12-volt ignition source that you have chosen to switch on.
Ensure correct installation: After the cable is connected to a power source, your hardwired GPS tracker ought to start operating. After parking the car farther away from a good signal source, start it, wait five minutes, then switch off the engine and start it again to start your test. Installer Check will provide you with guidance on how to finish the verification
Installing GPS Tracker Plug-in
Here’s a three-step installation process for a plug-in GPS car tracker for Pakistani car owners:
- Install the tracking device: Finding the OBD-II connector on your car is the first step in installing our plug-in vehicle trackers, which are directly attached to the connector. After that, the tie strip will be positioned in a gap above the connector. Lastly, plug the tracking device into the connector and affix it to the adhesive strip.
- Employ an extension cord: If you don’t want to insert your plug-in tracker right into the OBD-II port. With the help of this extension wire, you may put the gadget somewhere more practical, like beneath the dashboard of your automobile. Just attach the extension cable to the OBD-II connector on the tracker to begin using it.
- Begin monitoring: With your equipment connected and securely attached, pull your car into an open space that offers a clean view of the sky. As soon as your car is started, the tracker will start to follow you. The GPS trackers usually take 5 minutes to start.
Instances of poorly installed GPS Car trackers
Both frequent and unusual installation problems can hamper any device’s capacity to acquire precise positioning data. Look for the following instances to identify poor GPS car tracker installation:
- Your device will have trouble picking up satellite or cell tower signals if it is outdated or has poor GPS reception.
- Any device’s GPS may not function properly if the battery is low.
- The GPS track deviates from the intended course.
Some Easy Pointers for Installing GPS in Cars
There shouldn’t be instant access to the GPS tracker. This will stop the driver or any passengers from destroying or removing the tracker. Other pointers include:
- The device needs to be placed in the service access area (under the dashboard, for example).
- The gadget needs to be firmly fixed on a flat surface. Zip ties or double-sided tape should be used to secure it. The object has to be inverted.
- Keep cables and metal surfaces away from your GPS tracker. Additionally, because it will be damaged, the device cannot be connected to any moving or heat-producing parts.
- The gadget is responsive to movement since it has an accelerometer. It is recommended that the installation site be stable and vibration-free.
- Verify that the GPS is operating correctly before locking. Examine the lights, tones, online display, or sample data, depending on the system. For this, you may need to travel three to five kilometers in areas with spotty network service.
Suppose you have installed the GPS car tracker in your car and have looked for the identifiers – congratulations! It has been correctly installed, and you can sit back and relax. You no longer have to suffer the constant anxiety of car theft anymore!
Nevertheless, if you are someone who hasn’t bought a car tracker yet, what are you waiting for? GPS car trackers are not an expense – they are an investment worthwhile! You can safeguard your car, and on top of that, you can always stay aware of who’s taking your car and where!
So, what are you waiting for? Visit our site and place an order today!